Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 5: Chiminike!

Today was fun!  Our little one woke up just once in the middle of the night.  Actually it was around 5:00 am.  Jerry had just got out of bed to do a little work, and was in the livingroom sitting at the desk.  Just as a little background, Mario and Erik will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with a bad dream, and will appear next to my bed and whisper in a very quiet voice about a bad dream.  If they do, I just get up, walk them to their room, they get into bed, and I pat their back for maybe a couple minutes, and then I go back to bed.  Since having the boys, I am much lighter of a sleeper and will generally wake up when I notice that someone is standing next to my bed even before they have said anything.  So this morning, as I am asleep in bed, I feel that sensation that someone is standing there.  I open my eyes, and there is our little guy, just looking at me.  I smiled at him, and he started to cry.  So, I walked him over to the bed, got him to lie down, and patted his back.  He went right to sleep, and I was able to sleep a little more too.

Breakfast downstairs went well again.  Our guy loves bananas!  As I have said, he is a very good eater, but bananas are apparently a favorite for him.  Erik got up from the table at one point and returned with a banana.  The little one took one look at the banana, and moved his cereal bowl aside, as if to say, "Bring it on!"  We got him a banana, and he downed it in record time.  I have never seen a child eat a banana so quickly!

We played some up on the terrace and some down in the lobby area in addition to in our apartment.  It has actually been rather windy the last few days, as a result of a tropical storm that is on the north coast.  We haven't had any rain, but it is chillier than normal apparently, and cloudier and windier.  So as much as we love the rooftop terrace, we have not been up there as much the last few days because of the wind,  and have been playing down in the lobby more.  This morning we had several rousing games of hide and seek.  The little one got into the act too, and would always hide in the same place.  To make it even cuter, his hiding place was behind a door made out of a metal grate, so you could see right through it.  Didn't matter though, he thought he was hiding.  So I would look and look for him, but then after a while he would pop out and squeal with a big smile on his face.  This was big time!

He still prefers daddy, but has warmed to me a little bit more.  He has wanted Jerry to hold him a lot.  I have been willing to take over some of that, but he has not been.  I'm not pushing it.  I can see that he is accepting me a bit more every day, and I am sure that I will have my time in the future when it will be all mommy, all the time.  For now, Jerry is getting some weight training on his biceps.

After lunch and nap, we had an adventure to Chiminike, the children's museum.  It was a lot of fun, and I am sure we will return there.   Several places were favorites:  the water room which had a big water table; the little city which had a grocery store, a construction zone, a television studio, and a great ball area; and an outdoor play area.  All three of the boys loved it, as well as Pizza Hut for dinner.

So tomorrow is Monday.  I am hoping and praying that the strike at the national registry will end so that we can get our son's birth certificate this week.