We had another fun adventure today, this time to Valle de Angeles. Jerry and I visited there on our trip in August, and now we have enjoyed it as a family of five. Six if you count Ileana -- she sure feels like family to me!
The drive there is beautiful, the scenery gorgeous. Mario and Erik enjoyed spotting the cows, the chickens, the horses, and of course all the dogs all the way there. It is not a very far drive, but you definitely get out of the city, and it just feels so peaceful and green. What a gorgeous country this is.
Valle de Angeles actually was somewhat crowded today, as it is Sunday. Apparently a lot of people from the city like to venture out there on Sundays. It was fun to see the town square full of people and so lively. We did a little souvenir shopping and had a little snack and walked around a bit, and that was about it. I think it is such a great little place.
On the drive home, we saw a lot of little spots on the side of the road roasting corn. I love roasted corn. I must have said something like "Mmmm, roasted corn!" without even being aware of it. Ileana said "Want to stop? I'll get some too." So we did, and all of us enjoyed it. So we drove back to town enjoying our roasted corn with lemon and salt, and it was tasty tasty tasty.
We had a simple dinner tonight at our apartment, and played a little before bed. We are all enjoying getting into "roar fests" as we call them with Noah. He thinks its great, all this roaring! It definitely is funny. He certainly has grown in his attachment to us, which is a big relief to me. I think he still prefers Jerry quite a bit, but he likes me now too. Thank you God for that!
Big day tomorrow!